Monday, June 4, 2007

I Hate Being a Great Procrastinator!

Seriously between my master level procrastination skills and the sever thunderstorms all weekend, I'm so screwed for this marathon in less than 2 weeks!!! It also doesn't help that my body doesn't let me function, or wake-up, with less than 6 hours of sleep. I mean I'm grateful for it but it's really messing up my training schedule. The other thing that's severely hindering my progress is that I'm working at the horse track until nearly 1 AM every Friday night which is making the early Saturday morning runs nearly impossible. So I've been trying to do the longer runs after work, but it seems that whenever I'm planning to do one it decides to tornado out that night and I refuse to run that far on a treadmill!!! Anyway Dad wasn't getting home until late and Mom & fended for ourselves for dinner. We were planning on having Dad grill some turkey burgers but that was now out of the question, so we were left to do it ourselves on the dodgy grill. We opted for the George Foreman instead. I've decided that if I want to keep my parents on my good side, i.e. be supportive of my travel and avoid the Spanish Inquisition, it is best to be as helpful as possible around the house. Tonight that meant help with dinner, so looks like I'll be running inside tonight. After a lovely dinner of turkey burgers (with a light coating of Laughing Cow garlic & herb cheese and 1,000 island salad dressing) and yellow rice I was back on that damn treadmill. I'm really starting to loath that thing! For any of you runners out their I'm sure you're not surprised by this and probably surprised at how long it took me to get to that point. Anyway didn't last long before that damn cold surfaced again and really hindered my breathing. I just hope I can muscle through my 18-20 miler tomorrow! Yes I'm aware that I'm probably a little too close to the marathon to be doing those distances, but I haven't done them yet and it will help me more to do them than it will to skip it all together. If and when I do another one of these, I'm making training the #1 priority and only having one job, not an additional part-time job as well.

No comments: