Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Chests Colds are not Ideal Running Conditions

Ok so I've been bad for a week, but I've also been battling a head cold that turned into a chest cold aggravated by allergies. I decided that enough was enough and that I was going to have to power through this if I'm going to finish that marathon! On the treadmill again, in case I die I'll be close to home instead of in the woods somewhere. More sprints I would run .35 miles and then sprint .15 miles. I did 8 of these which I was proud of considering my condition. I did nearly choke myself at one point and decided shortly after that I should wind it down for the day. I love running while watching the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, especially since I just saw the 3rd one at midnight last Thursday.

On a positive note, my treadmill pace is now where my race pace was last fall, which means that I'll be even faster outside since I'm always a good min. or so slower on the treadmill! I still have a chance of that 5:30 marathon after all!

No comments: