Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Return to the Ice

I returned to figure skating lessons tonight. I was a little scared because I've been off of the ice for 2 months and I don't want to hurt myself right before the marathon. The apprehension pretty much all went away once I got out there. It was kind of like ridding a bicycle, but slipperier. I was a little rusty on some things and stiff as well, but I expected all of that with the absence. I'm not sure I like the new teacher, but I think she's still working out a system too. We pretty much reviewed a lot of basic things and forward movements, nothing backwards or on one foot. I was hoping to move forward in this class not just maintain. The only new thing I learned was a T stop. I'm just glad to be back out there! It seems weird now to pile on a long sleeve shirt, sweatshirt, and jeans to go to the rink when a few months ago that was considered stripping down!

No comments: